The Evolution of a Love Bomb - Poem





Come with me, he said 

We will dance in the night 

Underneath all the stars 

With moon as our light 


Lie with me, he said 

Put your head on my chest 

You’re no longer alone 

You can finally rest


Love me he said 

In the warmth of the dawn 

We will need no one else 

As the years carry on 


Trust me, he said 

Do you think I would lie?

Do you think I’m that person?

Look me straight in the eye 


I love you, he said 

I didn’t do what she claimed 

Why don’t you believe me?

You should be so ashamed 


Fuck you, he said 

When I hit you, you cry? 

Why are you such a bitch!

How I wish you would die 


Please don’t leave me, he said 

I won’t do it again 

I can’t live with out you 

This can’t be the end 


I’m sorry he said 

But you are to blame 

You made me hit you 

Why are you playing this game?


Goodbye, I said 

Thank you for the years 

Thank you for the love 

Thank you for the tears 


Without you I said 

I wouldn’t be me 

I grew in your arms 

Now I’m setting me free 


I really do hope 

You heal from your pain 

We all deserve love 

And to dance in the rain 


But you, I said 

Are no longer for me 

I love me too much 

Now please leave me be


It took me some time 

In fact it took years 

To gather the courage 

To face all my fears


But once he touched me

I stepped out the door 

I was his no longer 

I was mine once more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Ignore Red Flags - A short-ish story

I was Sure it was a Rifle